- What is Unique about the Nigerian Innovative Enterprise Institution (IEIs)?
Exploring the National Innovative Diploma (NID) Programs and the Innovative Enterprise Institutions offering them.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Related Sector
- Creative Arts and Related Sector
- Construction, Engineering and Related Sector
- Agriculture and Related Sector
- Finance, Management and Related Sector
- Oil and Gas and Related Sector
- Paralegal and Related Sector
- Professional Development, Teaching and Related Sector
- Security Technology and Related Sector
- Questions You Must Ask and Get Answers to
- Full List and Contacts of Approved IEIs in Nigeria.
2. Security Technology and Management
Security Technology and Management in the context of the Nigeria Innovative Enterprise Institution (IEI) relates to physical safety of people, buildings and properties. This program promises to equip trainees with competence in assessing risks and developing strategies to prevent perils, protect people and properties or respond in the face of jeopardy in order to mitigate harmful effects.
During this course, you will acquire practical knowledge in the areas of security & law enforcement, security report writing, blue print reading, security installations, devices & systems, health & safety at work, fire control techniques, unarmed combat, emergency management, computer appreciation, first aid administration, communication skill, public relations & social skills, usage of guard dogs, security search, patrol task, among others.
Personality Type for Environmental and Safety Management Technology
Physical fitness, mental alertness and interest in maintaining law and order are important to attain proficiency in the security industry.
Objectives for Security Technology and Management
A product of NID in Security Technology and Management should be able to:
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of understanding of the security industry, qualities, ethical behaviour and responsibilities of the security officer
- Intelligently apply reasonable knowledge of the Nigerian Laws regarding equality, diversity and privacy, etc., in the day-to-day discharge of security duties
- Competently carry out patrol, access control, search and investigations
- Skillfully operate electronic security devices and systems
- Ensure safety and security of lives and properties
- Respond adequately to emergency situations and calls
- Apply social skills and relate well with the public
- Develop, nurture and apply entrepreneurship skill in security industry
- Communicate, write and process security reports in the most effective manner
- Build the capacity for self-defense/unarmed combat
- Specialize in a field of Security operation, and more.
IEIs Offering NID in Security Technology and Management
Note: These are abbreviations used by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), see full names and contact addresses at the end of this book. Always check the current JAMB UTME brochure for updated approved programmes and institutions offering National Innovative Diploma (NID) as well as their respective requirements.
|S No||Location (by state)||Institutions (Abbreviated name by JAMB)||1||Akwa Ibom||MERCHANT|
|5||Lagos||CISN; LAMB; RCA.|
Save your data!