- Click to Download BST Scheme for Basic One
- Click to Download BST Scheme for Basic Two
- Click to Download BST Scheme for Basic Three
- Click to Download BST Scheme for Basic Four
- Free Download Basic Science and Technology Scheme of Work for Basic five Now.
- Click to Download BST Scheme for Basic Six
TOPIC: DATA PROCESSINGDATA PROCESSING
Data processing is the process of converting data into meaningful information. It involves collection of data or gathering of data. Data processing often refers to the use of computers in commercial applications as distinct from engineering applications. It is also an act of collecting data, assembling them and making them available to the processor in a machine form that the computer can work on.
DATA COLLECTION STAGES
Data collection stage is bringing data to a central point. It means gathering of data from its point of origin to be processed.Free Download Basic Science and Technology Scheme of Work for Basic five Now.
The stages include the following:
- DATA CREATION– This is the process of getting data from source. The document of which data is first recorded is called Source Document.
- DATA TRANSMISSION– This refers to sending and receiving of data via telecommunication network. That is, the movement of data from one location to another for processing.
- DATA PREPARATION– This is a pre-processing of ‘raw’ data from the source document to machine sensible form.
- DATA VERIFICATION– This is the process of checking input data to make sure it was entered correctly.
- SORTING– This is a re-arrangement of data in some specified sequence required for processing.
- MEDIA CONVERSION– It is a transfer of data from one medium to another. Data is often prepared in one medium and converted to another medium.
- VALIDATION– Validation is a process of checking input data to make sure that it is logically correct. It enables us to correct error that escapes verification.
- INPUT/PROCESSING– This is the act of passing data in a machine sensible form to processing stage. The data is submitted to the processor for processing.