- What is Unique about the Nigerian Innovative Enterprise Institution (IEIs)?
Exploring the National Innovative Diploma (NID) Programs and the Innovative Enterprise Institutions offering them.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Related Sector
- Creative Arts and Related Sector
- Construction, Engineering and Related Sector
- Agriculture and Related Sector
- Finance, Management and Related Sector
- Oil and Gas and Related Sector
- Paralegal and Related Sector
- Professional Development, Teaching and Related Sector
- Security Technology and Related Sector
- Questions You Must Ask and Get Answers to
- Full List and Contacts of Approved IEIs in Nigeria.
2. Shipping Management
Shipping refers to the act and business of transporting goods. The study of Shipping Management at an IEI will equip you with adequate knowledge and skill to undertake middle level management and administration in ports and shipping operation. You would be able to carry out activities in shipping and maritime business effectively.
As a diplomate of Shipping Management, you would acquire both theoretical and practical knowledge in freight forwarding, shipping practice, maritime law, marine insurance, export business, purchasing & supply, international trade, management principles, maritime environments, as well as French language for effective international business transactions, among others.
Personality Type for Shipping Management
It is appropriate to be adventurous and sociable as a shipping manager. You would be required to be on the go often where you’ll meet, transact and work with people of all kinds and race. Ethical standard and integrity is also key to play successfully in the international maritime industry.
NBTE’s Objectives for NID in Shipping Management
A product of NID in Shipping Management should be able to:
- Communicate fluently, write technical reports and essays in English Language as required in international maritime business
- Communicate and carry out simple business transactions in French language
- Operate basic computer programmes relevant to Maritime
- Carry out Investment appraisal
- Transact shipping business using all the relevant documents
- Apply the relevant legal provisions in shipping
- Know how to undertake a marine insurance policy and claims procedure
- Know various sources of supply to enhance efficient procurement
- Know shipping trade areas of the world and meteorological phenomena likely to affect shipping; and more.
IEIs Offering NID in Shipping Management
Note: These are abbreviations used by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), see full names and contact addresses at the end of this book. Always check the current JAMB UTME brochure for updated approved programmes and institutions offering National Innovative Diploma (NID) as well as their respective requirements.
|S No||Location (by state)||Institutions (Abbreviated name by JAMB)||1||Akwa Ibom||MERCHANT|
|4||Lagos||CISN; EMDEE; LAMB; STARS.|
Save your data!