- You have come Mount Zion, and to The City of the Living God
- If you were invited to meet the US president at the White House or the UK monarch at the Buckingham Palace, your imagination is likely to be easily activated because you have frames of reference. But the One who created the whole earth said any time you are in fellowship in my name, you have come to the city of the living God. The splendor of that city is incomparable to any one in earthly existence. It takes the ‘just’ who ‘live by faith’ to dwell in the consciousness of this heavenly reality. That consciousness governs your attitude while in His presence. Our attitude with regards to phone usage, side conversation, distracting sights and the likes, whether we allow distraction or are steadfast is a function of the level of our consciousness of the majesty and glory of His presence. That goes further to determine how much we apply ourselves to the grace that’s available and consequently the level of impact we enjoy. "Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God will shine forth." (Psalm 50:2) "…That the Lord has founded Zion, and the poor of His people shall take refuge in it." (Isaiah 14:32)
- You have come to Mount Zion, and to The Heavenly Jerusalem
- Once Julian Assange took refuge in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, He is legally in Ecuador and no external force could arrest him without the cooperation of Ecuador’s government. Likewise, when two or more people (a church) come in fellowship, they are creating a spiritual atmosphere or invisible territory, tantamount to the Embassy of Heaven on earth. That location carries the sovereignty and all other privileges of heaven. More to that, this is the only realm where every individual who qualifies, by redemption to co-create or access that atmosphere is also an ambassador of his/her home country. You carry the full authority of God’s Kingdom anywhere you are on earth, you are an ambassador.
- You have come to Mount Zion, and to An Innumerable Company of Angels
- With Elisha and Gehazi were innumerable company of angels which were not visible to the common eyes. A situation came up in 2Kings 6 when Gehazi needed assurance and Elisha prayed for his spiritual eyes to be opened. Then he confirmed that the army of God standing with them is larger than that of the enemy. One of them can destroy 188,000 soldiers (2Chr. 32:21; 2Kings 19:35) because they excel in strength (Psalm 103:20-21). whether you see them or not, there are always an innumerable company of angels, worshiping God with us and waiting to carry out God’s instruction through our declaration (Luke 2:1-15; Psalm 34:7; Heb. 1:14).
You have come to Mount Zion, and to The General Assembly and Church of The Firstborn Who Are Registered in Heaven,
- This implies that there is no denominational discrimination at Mount Zion. The spiritual demography created by our fellowship with the Spirit of God is that of the general assembly. Firstborn in the old testament are those specially consecrated for priestly service. The New Testament equivalent is any believer whose name is written in the Book of Life (‘registered in heaven’). Each of us is a part of one Head (Jesus our Lord) and one body of Christ (the Church). That is why you can be in Africa and agree with someone in Europe to seek God’s face on a matter of interest. Don’t allow yourself to be bamboozled with astral projection and extra-terrestrial activities in the dark world. They are seriously taking advantage of the privileges that we neglect to entice and lead people to hell. Little wonder, Jesus says "…so the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly, for the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of the light" (Luke 16:8)(2Kings 5:26; 1Cor. 5:4)
- You have come to Mount Zion, and to God The Judge of All
- One God, the Almighty! He is the one we worship. We have a direct access to Him through the blood and the righteousness of Jesus, we are His children. The verdict of the New Covenant states, "…I will be your God and you shall be My people…" Everyone who believe Jesus is given the power to become a child of God (John 1:14). So it is our right to approach God with boldness, more so when we are two or more and Jesus is there with us. He is the owner of heaven and earth and the fullness thereof. Gold and silver are His. He is the God of all flesh. he is the Father of all spirit. Even the devil believes that there is God and trembles! "He who did not spare His own Son but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things."
- You have come to Mount Zion, and to The Spirits of Just Men Made Perfect
- This was why the experience at the mount of transfiguration was recorded. Jesus, in fellowship with Peter, James and John were joined by Moses and Elijah, they spoke with Jesus (Matthew 17:1-12). These two entities represent the historic and the prophetic dimensions on the move of God among His people. Today, we are privileged to have the spirits of just men made perfect, representing historic, prophetic, poetic, gospel, apostolic and revelation dimensions, gathering with us in fellowship. Strange wisdom and counsel are at our disposal. believers need not be shaken or enticed by occults or esoteric entities that might be parading themselves as custodians of mysteries. We are superior!
- You have come to Mount Zion, and to Jesus The Mediator of The New Covenant
- Through Adam, mankind fell into sin and was damned to eternal destruction by the law of God. Only blood can atone for that sin in order to avert the curse of the law. In those days, they shed blood of animals to atone for their sins but God was not satisfied with the ineffectiveness and temporariness of animal’s blood. The sinless Son of God, Jesus had to come to sacrifice His own blood once and for all in order to broker ultimate peace between God and man. All that man need to do now is to believe in Jesus and accept Him as the Saviour, confessing their sins to Him and appropriating His blood for spiritual cleansing. Blood covenant is the most powerful form of binding agreement between two parties. But the blood of Jesus transcends any other blood you can think of. The mediator of that deal, our Lord Jesus is ever interceding for us to be helped and sustained till we join Him where He is or He comes for us. There is no god in any other kingdom apart from Jesus’ who can match that. We are privileged!
- You have come to Mount Zion, and to The Blood of Sprinkling That Speaks Better things Than That of Abel
- The blood of Abel represent the verdict of the law – vengeance, punishment, consequence, death, hell…! But the blood of sprinkling (the blood of Jesus) represents – mercy, cleansing, exemption, grace, acceptance…! When the Israelis splashed animal’s blood on their lintels, the messenger of death exempted them; when the priest sprinkled animal’s blood on the people and items of worship, everyone and every items was sanctified to stand in God’s presence. How much more the blood of the Lamb of God, Jesus our Saviour. When He ascended to heaven, He placed that blood on the alter as the receipt of our redemption. That settles it! "And they (believers) overcame him (satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony…" (Rev. 12:11)
That’s just a few details on the powerful spiritual resources that we are privileged to enjoy in Christian fellowship. We should therefore not be impressed by the seemingly prosperity of the wicked. We should strive to reach higher dimension of growth and development in our walk with God so as to be able to maximize the ‘all grace’ of God that is available to us.
"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity…it is like the dew of Hermon, descending upon the mountains of Zion, for there the Lord commanded the blessing – life forevermore." (Psalm 133:1-3)
"Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight path for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed." (Heb. 12:12-13)
"…May He send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you out of Zion." (Psalm 12:2)
"And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said… " (Joel 2:32; Obadiah 1:17)
share your own opinion on this post, comment now!