- What is Unique about the Nigerian Innovative Enterprise Institution (IEIs)?
Exploring the National Innovative Diploma (NID) Programs and the Innovative Enterprise Institutions offering them.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Related Sector
- Creative Arts and Related Sector
- Construction, Engineering and Related Sector
- Agriculture and Related Sector
- Finance, Management and Related Sector
- Oil and Gas and Related Sector
- Paralegal and Related Sector
- Professional Development, Teaching and Related Sector
- Security Technology and Related Sector
- Questions You Must Ask and Get Answers to
- Full List and Contacts of Approved IEIs in Nigeria.
5. Telecommunications Technology
Telecommunications technology will train you to be able to install, repair, design, and maintain the technologies that make it possible to transmit information electronically by wires or radio signals with integrated encoding and decoding equipment. This technology is the basis of broadcasting, telephone, cable TV, data line, radio, email, video conferencing, access to internet, online streaming, and satellite relays. Technologists and technicians are needed to install, maintain and manage the processes.
Personality Type for Studying Telecommunications Technology
It makes a lot of sense to study telecommunications technology if you are a technophile and you possess a problem-solving attitude. A penchant to connect people by proffering solution to communication gaps in the society is also apt.
NBTE’s Objectives for Telecommunications Technology
A product of NID in Telecommunications Technology should be able to:
- Assemble, Install and test-run telecommunication system
- Carryout routine/preventive and corrective maintenance on telecommunication system Install, configure and troubleshoot all types of network hardware devices
- Select and use appropriate instruments to carryout simple tests and measurements on telecommunication system under various operating conditions
- Operate telecommunication systems and installations with appropriate software whenever the need arises
- Troubleshoot and repair faulty telecommunication systems with basic diagnostic tools and equipment
- Carry out supervision of installation projects on telecommunication systems
- Start small and medium scale enterprises that would provide ICT solutions
- Assist in the management and administration of telecommunication networks for optimum utilization
- Design and build simple telecommunication systems.
IEIs Offering NID in Telecommunications Technology
Note: These are abbreviations used by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), see full names and contact addresses at the end of this book. Always check the current JAMB UTME brochure for updated approved programmes and institutions offering National Innovative Diploma (NID) as well as their respective requirements.
|S No||Location (by state)||Institutions (Abbreviated name by JAMB)||1||Akwa Ibom||IMFI|
Save your data!