- What is Unique about the Nigerian Innovative Enterprise Institution (IEIs)?
Exploring the National Innovative Diploma (NID) Programs and the Innovative Enterprise Institutions offering them.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Related Sector
- Creative Arts and Related Sector
- Construction, Engineering and Related Sector
- Agriculture and Related Sector
- Finance, Management and Related Sector
- Oil and Gas and Related Sector
- Paralegal and Related Sector
- Professional Development, Teaching and Related Sector
- Security Technology and Related Sector
- Questions You Must Ask and Get Answers to
- Full List and Contacts of Approved IEIs in Nigeria.
Exploring the National Innovative Diploma (NID) Programs and the Innovative Enterprise Institutions Offering Them.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) AND RELATED SECTOR
1. Computer Software Engineering/Technology
Software Engineering/Technology trains you to design, develop and maintain computer or mobile applications as well as various kinds of enterprise information systems. Computer software is an intangible part of a computer system controlling its processes and operations. The human efforts of writing those set of codes/data/instruction/programs that become a software is known as software engineering. Software engineers could also be called software developers, programmers, coders, or hackers.
Personality Type of a Software Engineer
Anybody who has the capacity to learn continuously and work with imagination can train to become a software engineer. It is better if you’re reflective and prefer to do more behind the scene. The possibility of what you can develop once you acquire this skill could only be limited by the extent of your imagination.
NBTE’s Objectives for Software Engineering/Technology
A product of NID in Computer Software Engineering should be able to:
- Develop and maintain software
- Detect technical fault in a computer installation
- Design and test software to optimize its production and support
- Design and run efficient programs in a wide spectrum of fields, and in various languages
- Install a computer system
- Produce large, high quality software systems
- Advise on the installation of computer facilities
- Carry out routine (preventive) maintenance of computer facilities
- Work with a team on a project
- Become an employer of labour in a self-owned enterprise.
IEIs Offering NID in Software Engineering/Technology
Note: These are abbreviations used by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), see full names and contact addresses at the end of this book. Always check the current JAMB UTME brochure for updated approved programmes and institutions offering National Innovative Diploma (NID) as well as their respective requirements.
|S No||Location (by state)||Institutions (Abbreviated name by JAMB)||1||Akwa Ibom||FCTI; MAURID; IBOM-IMT; IMFI.|
|2||Anambra||BUCKINGHAM; ONIT; UACST.|
|6||Edo State||BISBAS; CCTI; OSENI; UNIVAL;|
|9||FCT Abuja||AFRIHUB; CIMT; FLYINGDOVE; GLOBAL-ICT; MARVEL; NAOWA; NCWD; NSPIRE.|
|10||Ibadan, Oyo State||CITYGATE; HIGHLAND; STWINI; TOWER.|
|11||Imo State||ICCN; SOUTH-EASTERN.|
|14||Katsina||CHERISH; DIALOGUE; KSITM.|
|15||Lagos||CIFMAN; DALEWARES; DIGITAL-LG; karROX; LAGOS-CITY; NIIT; TOTAL; PRIME.|
|17||Ogun State||CALVARY; DOTS; IFOTECH.|
Save your data!