Truly, no student would like to think of options to a university education at the point of application for UTME. This is the reason why 98% of students applied for university degrees as their first choice in 2017 UTME. Incidentally, only 26% of degree applicants in 2016 were admitted to their first choice, and the chance of same thing happening in the current admission process is obvious.
Aside from universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, and colleges of education, there are many approved Innovation Enterprise Institutions (IEIs) offering remarkable course capable of boosting your CV, skill and/or employability. On completion of 2 years full time or 3-4 years part-time course, you’ll be awarded National Innovation Diploma (NID) . Approved IEIs with accredited courses are listed in the current JAMB brochure. Those courses include the following.
- Computer Software Engineering/Technology
- Computer Hardware Engineering/Technology
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Technology
- Networking & System Security
- Digital Multimedia Technology
- Telecommunication Technology
- Petroleum Geo-Sciences
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Early Childcare Education & Management (ECEM)
- Performing & Media Arts
- Film & Tv Production
- Building Construction
- Paralegal Studies
- Computer Studies
- Environmental And Safety Management Technology
- Banking Operations
- Public Administration
- Business Management
- Secretarial Studies
- Office Secretarial Assistant
- Shipping Management
- Security Technology And Management
- Fashion Design
- Welding And Fabrication
- Marine Engineering
- Cosmetology And Beauty Theraphy
In the event you were denied of your first and second choice, take advantage of this IEIs which might have been your third or fourth choice instead of staying idle. You could eventually join many others in employing yourself and others at the end of an IEI program.
Important development! There exist now Innovative Options to University Education in Nigeria and I have packaged a most useful information on it. Click here to explore in details NOW!
Go to the Blog Page